Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I want to take you through my process of making a print. A lot of people don't quite understand what I'm talking about when I say i made a print, or I'm really focused on printmaking right now, so I thought I would let you all in on what I do.
First step would be to coat your metal plate with asphalt, by melting the asphalt and using a leather roller to get a thin layer.
Next would be to transfer your image onto the plate, or go ahead and just free hand the drawing. The scratches made into the asphalt will, later on, be etched into the metal with acid. Also at this stage you can block out the areas where you don't want any accidental biting. Which tends to happen unless you block out areas. Using the asphalt and a little paint thinner, or also spray paint as blockers.

No comments:

Post a Comment